Saturday, January 19, 2008

Great News and a Prayer Request

The Tech Doctor was successful in retrieving all my files off my passport. I will be getting them back within a few days. He is taking our laptop to reload them on there. I can't tell you how excited I was to hear this great news. That's means I will have back the two months of our lives which consisted of November and December. Yea! It really goes to show that when you don't fret and give it to God, He can handle anything and everything.

My prayer request is this: My son will be having surgery this coming Wednesday and I would like prayers for peace of mind, wisdom and steady hands for the doctors, and a timely recovery. He was born with a birthmark on the side of his head that has a 10-15% chance of becoming cancerous when he grows older. With him being fair skinned that raises his chances. Right now it is hardly noticeable. But this type of birthmark becomes very unsightly once puberty hits. Thankfully he is far from puberty but we thought to get it taken care of before he starts school. God has answered our prayers in the timeliness of this surgery.
We are supposed to try and keep him down (couch potato like) for up to two weeks. Ha, we asked for sedatives. Andrew is a very rambunctious three and a half year old and that request is next to impossible. So really this is another prayer request: Sanity for our whole house.

Thanks for reading and praying for us. Some more good news is that I will try making more freebies while he is recovering. I have a request for a girl kit. I will have to look for some inspiration because I am outnumbered 2 to 1 in my house on the gender level. But I will give it a good try. Until next post I pray all is well for you.

Have a blessed day,
Stephany

ps. I will probably be taking down my freebies in a couple of days so snag them while you can!

No comments: