Thursday, January 17, 2008

Always Back-up Your Files

Okay I did something really dumb today and that was drop my WD passport (which had most all of my digiscrap stuff on it) on our wood floors. Silly me I have not done any file back-ups for about 1 or 2 months. I lost two months of family pictures, lots of different freebies I had downloaded, you name it. In the past week I had finished about 10 LO's but hadn't done anything with them. I think they are all gone. I am a bit sad right now but have had some time to realize that it all had absolutely no eternal value. Yes there will be two months of our lives gone but it has taught me some valuable lessons:
  1. ALWAYS start your day with prayer
  2. DO your Bible study (I am in Bible Study Fellowship right now and tried to put that after scrapping, wrong thing to do, lol).
  3. ALWAYS back-up your files.
  4. Make multiple copies.

I'm sure there is more I have learned but will just have to get over the loss.

But there may be a chance things can be salvaged. There is a computer guy in our church that helps keep our church's technology going. It is now in his hands to see if there is any hope.

Have a blessed day,

Stephany

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hon....
I am so sorry for your LOSS! Truly it is one if they can't be recovered.

We'll just say a quick prayer that at the very least, you can recover your photos!