Wednesday, January 23, 2008

God answers prayers...

GOD IS GOOD! Andrew had his surgery today and everything went really well. The doctor came to see us in the surgery waiting room sooner than we expected and reassured us that everything went fine. We got to see Andrew within 30 minutes after that.
Andrew was so cute in his hospital pj's and booties. I brought my camera to take some pictures and found out there is something wrong with my memory card. It would not take any pictures. I am glad I uploaded all the pictures that were on it yesterday. Good news though, my wonderful husband, Eric, knowing that I really wanted pictures to scrap of this life event, went to the gift shop and bought me a one-time use camera. What a sweetie! When the nurses called us back in to see Andrew they said he was asking for his mommy. That didn't hit me until we got home that he asked for me and not daddy. He is a real daddy's boy and that really shocked me when it finally registered that he asked for me. He looked so sad when we first saw him in recovery, but cheered right up when the nurse gave him a rainbow Popsicle. The doctor told us he looked like a human Q-tip and sure enough he did. We have to try and keep this "cap" on his head for a week at least. Not to mention splints for his arms so he doesn't mess with his head. Andrew does not like either of them.
You can't keep this boy down though. He was trying to run all over the house after about an hour arriving home. I tell you what, this is going to be a challenge to keep him from hurting his head during the healing process. I made the decision tonight to make him a pallet on the floor in his room to sleep. I don't want to take any chances of him falling off his bed.
Thank you to all who prayed for us. Please continue to pray for healing.

Have a blessed day,
Stephany

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Yes, God is Good! I'm so glad to hear all went well! Take care and take Vallium....ROFL!!!