Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of Kindergarten

Well today was our first day in Kindergarten and Andrew couldn’t have been more happy to start. Eric and I drove him to school, took some pictures (we actually got one with Mrs. Roos his teacher which I didn’t expect), then gave hugs and kisses and headed out. He didn’t even yell or cry for us to come back or anything. I guess I didn’t expect any crying because he did do preschool last year to prep him. When I went to pick him up he seemed happy. He said he had a great day and that he liked his teacher. I pray they get along all year. He stayed on green the whole day on the behavior chart and I am so proud. I also pray he desires to stay on green the whole year too. I am praying that he makes some really close friends that are good influences on him. I think I may walk him into class tomorrow and then join the drop off/pick up gang from then on.

I had lots on my to do list that I came home to start immediately. I got all the tile floor mopped, all of the 0 to 6 month baby clothes washed and put away, digiscrapped a little, had lunch with Eric and even had dinner on the table on time.

Praying that tomorrow is just as good as today,

Stephany

1 comment:

Cathy said...

So glad Andrew had a great first day at school! Wanted to share with you what we did if the boys misbehaved and got a folder sign in (I think in your case it would be considered a red card). We made the boys apologize to the teacher for disobeying. Sometimes I would even follow up with an email to the teacher to make sure they did it! We would hold them accountable for it. It was uncomfortable for them to have to apologize, so it was good incentive for them to behave!