Monday, December 10, 2007

What an crazy weekend and some sad news...

Eric and I had a very busy weekend. It started off with a Brown Bag Cookie Exchange, Dumpster Diving, Choir Rehearsal, a Christmas Parade, and then finished off with two performances on Sunday.

I went with two of my very close girlfriends on Friday night dumpster diving for the first time and had a blast. We thought our night was worthless until we went to the Container Store and found some really great items. There was quite the thrill.
Then my Church had a float in the Christmas Parade on Saturday night and that was a blast. The temperatures were nice until half way through when the wind picked up and reminded up that it was fall going into winter. The float was beautiful. Well all the parade was pretty good. I took pictures of my son with different Loony Toons characters. Pics of that will be up in a few weeks. I am a slow scrapper.
Then on Sunday I was in a Musical/Drama at my church called The Christmas Shoes. My husband played the husband of the mother who dies. By the grace of God he made it through splendidly.

Today, I found out that my sister's SIL and BIL were in a terrible wreck yesterday and the SIL did not survive. They were on their way home from vacation when they had to stop for a jack-knifed semi on the road. While stopped on the side of the road another semi behind them did not stop in time and jack-knifed as well taking out many of the cars stopped in front of it. My sister's SIL was sitting in the middle of the van they were driving in and the back of the van ended up in the front seat. I pray she was gone before then because her husband tried to pull her out and then the van burst into flames. What terrible heartache we are all feeling right now. PLEASE pray for my sister's inlaw's and husband as they endure this tragedy of losing a daughter, sister(inlaw), wife and mother right now. It will be a long Christmas for them.

I pray safety for all of you traveling this Christmas season. And let us not forget the reason we have to celebrate and that is Jesus Christ. Life is short so give a hug to all your loved ones and be friendly to those you meet along your path.

Stephany

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Steph. How sad for this horrible accident you sister's family had! Will keep them in my prayers.

Cathy

Anonymous said...

Stephany,
Praying for you and your family.
(((Hugs))
Terri

Lisa said...

Steph, that is just awful! I will keep praying for you all!