Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Innocence of children

Okay, so today my son was supposed to be sleeping for his nap. I thought I would finish the movie we were watching yesterday (Miracle on 34th Street-the newer version). While I had the movie on I heard humming in the background. I went to investigate and low and behold my son was humming to Away In A Manger. That just melted my heart. Instead of busting him on not being asleep yet I just quietly shut the door and let him continue. I love to hear him sing and especially when he sings about Jesus. I can't wait for the day he will come to know Jesus in a real and personal way. Jesus is our hope of salvation and I pray that we can continue to teach our son and any future children that truth.
Just thought I would share one of the special things about our day today. Hope you are all having a great day and God bless each of you,
Stephany

I almost forgot to add a sweet thing my husband did yesterday for me. I will preface this by giving a little background: Anyone who is either born and or raised in Oklahoma knows that Christmas officially starts when we hear a certain jingle on the tv or radio. That is the BC Clark Jingle. Having moved from Oklahoma when my husband and I got married we missed hearing it until going home to visit family. Well, last night he sent me the link to the jingle on the internet and it just made me cry (I am a very sappy person). It was so sweet of him to share that with me. And so if you all would like to hear this special jingle than scroll down to the bottom of my blog and you can play it. It is quite a catchy little jingle. Hope you enjoy!

No comments: