Thursday, January 8, 2009

What a busy day!

I woke up this morning with lots to get done. After kissing hubby goodbye for work and getting breakfast ready for Andy, I had to get him ready for school, pack his lunch and squeeze in a shower all in about an hour. That sounds like a lot of time to get so little done but his lunch was holding me up. I usually pack him chicken nuggets of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. But the thing is we were out of bread and chicken nuggets! I tossed in some wheat tortillas, mandarin oranges, alphabet cookies and a roarin water. The poor thing came home saying he was hungry. Can you blame him? Anyway, after dropping him off at school I came home to get some house work started. The laundry was first on my mental to-do list so I began there. In going from room to room to collect the dirty clothes I kept seeing other things that needed to be taken care of and put back in their places. Here is the list of everything I was able to accomplish (all with God's help) while Andy was in school: all bedding was washed and the beds remade, misc. clothing items washed with bedding to make full loads were hung up or folded and put away, dishwasher with clean dishes were put away and the rinsed off dirty dishes put into the dishwasher, I cleaned up the playroom and moved things around to better suit my mood at this time, I put up some posters in Andy's room to decorate the walls, made a grocery list, went to two different stores, put all the groceries away and then I had to pick up the little man from school. Five and a half hours doesn't seem like a lot of time until you look at what all can be accomplished. Most days I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

My friend Lisa is starting to give cooking and kitchen tips along with her digiscrap freebies on her personal blog. I really admire how much she can accomplish. She puts my list to shame, lol. But hey, my house is picked up and now I have food to make dinner with if I would just go in there and do it. I am not a fan of cooking but I am a fan of saving money and cooking and eating at home definitely help to save money. Gotta go make dinner.

Stephany

No comments: