Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Excitement Is Building...

We are getting so excited about our upcoming family vacation. Andrew can't wait to meet Mickey and his Nana Becky has requested he give a great big kiss to Minnie and he has promised to do so. Can't wait to see those pictures.

I have gotten into digital-scrapping again and have 6 layouts just waiting to be finished. After finishing through October I just did not have the drive anymore but now the drive is back and I am loving it. There are so many wonderful designers out there that provide great stuff to work with and it's almost as if my pictures scrap themselves.

Onto another note, we had a good Thanksgiving. We stayed home (and by home I mean we did not travel to our family in OK) and went to some friend's house to celebrate together. It was a really lovely thing they are doing because they invite all the people from our church who don't have family here in the area to their house. As much as we are grateful for this outlet we have decided that this is our last year to participate. Poor little Andrew was one of two children there and the other was a pre-teen girl. Eric and I were the friends and playmates of him and therefore we really felt unsocial because we didn't want Andrew to feel left out. Next year we will probably try to do something at our home or who knows. After we ate dinner we headed out to see a movie because of our unofficial tradition. Friday morning dawned and I woke up at 2:30 am unable to go back to sleep. I decided to hit a couple of places for black Friday before the boys woke up. I didn't have any previous plans to be out so early but what do you do when you can't get back to sleep on such a day.  Then, once the boys woke up we had breakfast and headed out to do some more shopping. I was really starting to drag about lunchtime so we came home for naptime. After naptime we headed out again to go to Six Flags for their Holiday in the Park. It was awesome. We all had such a great time and we were able to practice how things would run at Disney World. Saturday dawned bright and early and we made it a chore day. Eric and I cleaned all but one room from top to bottom. It felt good to have the house clean (like the dusting, vacuuming and moping) again. I do a good job of keeping up with laundry and dishes but I really don't get around to the rest. I am so thankful Eric didn't marry me for my cleaning and cooking abilities.

Well, this post turned out longer than I planned so I will sign off now. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.

Stephany and the Stratton Gang

No comments: