Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Where do they come up with these questions?

Children say the funniest things sometimes and today was no exception. My son and I go to BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) together. He goes to a class for his age group and I have my own discussion group. This year we are studying the Life of Moses. Today our classes discussed Moses as a baby. When we got home from class he was asking all kinds of questions about babies, most of which I thought I could answer pretty none descriptively. He knows that babies are carried in the tummies of mommies. But his question to me was "How do babies get out of the mommies tummies?" I have to admit that kind of threw me for a loop. He is a very smart kid so I asked him what he meant and he said "How do they get out?" I tried to shield him as best I could from his curiosity and told him "babies come out a special entry or sometimes (and here is where I should have dropped it, but no) the doctors have to open the mommies tummies to get the babies out." This made him very sad and he almost started to cry. I then told him how he came out that way and that God healed my tummy from the cut. I didn't show him my scar but I tried to help him understand that sometimes there are things we have to do as mommies to help our babies.

Maybe I went a little far in my explanation of how babies get out but what else was I to say to him? Knowing my son as well as I do he would just keep questioning me until he was satisfied with the answer, which doesn't come easy.

On another note, I finally finished scrapping through June of this year and looking forward to scrapping July, August and September to try and get caught up. This is the closest I have ever been to being caught up. Woo-hoo, it feels good.

Anyway, that's all I have right now but I will try to do better about jotting down the little things going on in our lives. Have a terrific day!

Stephany

Oh, If you want to see my LO's they are all in the slide show at the top labeled Layout's From 2008 Slide Show. And in the future I will post more on my blog before they make it to the slide show.

No comments: