Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Guess what we got to buy tonight...

A new Washer! That's right, I went to change out the very last load of laundry into the dryer and found it full of water. I tried starting it on final spin and it didn't do anything but make a humming sound. I called dh in to see if he might get it to do something more than I did and still nothing happened. But alas, dh had been planning on our washer going out sometime soon so he had been looking at washers for a couple of months. We loaded up and set off for Home Depot because they were having a 10% off sale on all appliances and on top of that had a mail in rebate on the delivery. Woo-hoo! Not only am I getting a new washer but I don't have to worry about finding a home for the old washer because they will be taking it a burying it for me, lol. It is a front loading Amana, more energy efficient and Eco friendly. I must say that God's timing is always perfect even if our washer's is not. God will provide the money somehow. He always provides for our needs.

My family and I just had one of the best weekends in a long time. My sister Sandy and her family came to spend the weekend with us. At first I was a little worried how the sleeping arrangements would go but it worked out. I sure hope they had as good a time as we did. Saturday morning my dh took my bil, Chris and nephew, Dymitri to our church to help with the playground wood chips. My sister and I took the rest of the boys (her youngest two, Dylan and Deryk and my one, Andrew) to Sams Club and then went to see if any more help was needed at the church. We got there just as the last 2 or 3 wheel barrel loads of wood chips were being taken into the playground. After we all finished there we ate lunch and got ready to go see Horton Hears A Who. We loaded up with lots of goodies for the boys because 3 of them are 3 years old and younger and we didn't know if they would sit through the movie. My nephew Deryk towards the end got a little antsy so my sister took him out of the theater. That night we gave the boys baths and then my sister and I went to target for some shopping and sister bonding time. We bought the 3 youngest matching outfits to wear to church the next day (yea, I know, we're cheesy). When we got home the dh's were playing Wii with Dymitri so we joined in on some of that fun. Sunday rolled around and my bil was very kind to make us pancakes for breakfast. We all headed out to church after that and very much enjoyed the sermon. We came home for lunch and nap time only I think I was the only one who really got a nap. My sister came in to wake me up about 4:45 and tells me that all the boys are coming back from the park and they are hungry. So we head out to dinner at Panda which we found out was a total bomb. We came home and went to the backyard to play a little. DH got out the soccer ball for the boys. They weren't very interested in it so dh and I played against my sister and bil. My sister took me down. Man, I haven't played soccer in so long but I think that was my favorite part of this weekend. We went inside when it got dark and gave the boys a bath. Then we gave them ice cream because they'd been pretty well behaved and then sent them to bed. Dh and I stayed up with my sister and bil and played Hearts, which for once I got my behind thoroughly spanked. You win some and lose some. After that we played Disney Pictionary on DVD. The first round my sister and bil won but the next 2 rounds dh and I won. On Monday morning my sister and bil start checking to see what we are wearing to see if they get to pinch us for St. Patrick's day. Thank goodness my pj's had green leaf's on them. DH wasn't so lucky. My sister went so far as to plan for the holiday. She even bought her dh a green shirt so he wouldn't get pinched. All her boys had on green and she did as well. When everyone was showered and ready to go (wearing green of course) we went to lunch and pigged out on pizza. I think I have finally reached saturation for pizza. I think I could go a while without it. We then came home and let all the boys play outside in the backyard while my sister and bil loaded up their van to head home.
What a wonderful time we had with them and can't wait to see them again.

BTW, Chris, if you are reading this, "HI". Don't want to leave out a quick hi to my bil who I found out reads my blog and has an incredible memory about things I say on here.

Have a blessed day,
Stephany

No comments: