Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Getting ready for Christmas and getting back on a routine.

Christmas time is such a blessed time to remember the real reason for this season. Jesus is the reason we celebrate! One thing I am finding this year though is how to teach Andy that this season is about giving and not receiving. Yes, there will be presents for the boys but I don’t want that to be their focus.

I am also trying to start a routine with Zach in regards to when he eats, plays and sleeps. Yesterday he decided that anything goes and we stayed up until about 12:30 this morning. As tired as I am I still try to remember what a blessing he is in our lives and I just have to smile. Sometimes I just start to weep at all the blessings I have. God is so good to us!

We are heading to visit family over the Christmas break and I am a little nervous about all the things we need to pack to take with us. I really should be making myself a list so I don’t forget anything for baby Zach or any of the rest of my family for that matter.

This Saturday I will be celebrating my 11th wedding anniversary with the most wonderful man I know. Technically, we are going to celebrate on Friday but our day is Saturday. I am so excited because we are giving each other a house remodel project. By remodel I mean we are installing a new back door on the house and replacing the wood trim that the previous owners’ dogs chewed up. Eric has been wanting to replace that since we moved in 2 1/2 years ago. I wanted to replace the door because I am tired of Andy slamming it closed when he goes out and come in. It always makes the blinds close and it really has become annoying to me.

Well, I hear the wee babe crying so I will go and answer his call. Maybe next time I can have some pictures to put up to show how much he is growing.

Love, Stephany

No comments: